“The cure for boredom is curiosity” – Dorothy Parker
July is National Anti-Boredom Month! This monthly observance encourages everyone to identify what makes us bored and find ways to combat it.
Finding creative and healthy ways to beat boredom will improve our everyday lives. Once we’ve identified our causes, approach boredom with a set of positive challenges or stimuli to keep it at bay.
- Play – Board games are an excellent way to fight boredom.
- Get physical – Exercise not only provides stimuli but also helps change the scenery and improve health.
- Learn – Visit a museum, read a book or take a class.
- Clean -Tackling a cluttered cupboard, closet or even garage brings about a bit of satisfaction for a job well done.
- Cook – Making in our own kitchen with ingredients we enjoy gives us two ways to be satisfied.
- Be creative – Even if you usually don’t create, just trying can help break the boredom cycle.
- Volunteer – Helping someone who needs something more than you often makes us reassess why we were bored in the first place.
- Get social – Visit a friend or neighbor. Kids, this includes you! Aunts, uncles or cousins would enjoy a friendly conversation over an ice-cold popsicle.
- The Castleton Free Library can help with all your anti-boredom needs… come and visit!
The Library is located at 638 Main Street, Castleton, Vermont
We are open 2:00 – 6:00 Monday through Friday
Masks are recommended for all and required for unvaccinated patrons. Please continue to social distance. If you are not feeling well please stay home and reschedule your visit to the library!
We will also continue to offer curbside and home delivery. Please call the library: 468-5574, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on Facebook for requests and we will fill them as quickly as possible.
We look forward to seeing everyone back in the library – Jan and Mary
Free WiFi is available outside of the building. 24/7
It’s a “Christmas in July” fundraiser at the Castleton Free Library. Come, see, and purchase gift bags and gift items. All items are for sale by donation and benefit the library.
Kanopy streaming services is now available to our patrons! Watch movies, series and more for free! See our “about” page for more details and instructions for use.
To Access our online resources go to our “About” page. You may also “Browse our Catalog“. For new Adult books please see “Adult Services”. (Find the tabs on the top of this page).
BOT meeting information
Next meeting will be held Monday, August 23rd at 5:30
The Board of Trustees meetings will now be held in person at the Castleton Free Library, lower level. See the Board of Trustees tab under “contact” tab above for meeting times and approved minutes.